Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

April 25, 2009

Margaret's 1st Cardinals Game


Last night, we went to the Cardinals vs. Cubs baseball game. I (Margaret) was really excited because it was my first Cardinals game! We went to the game as part of Curtis' birthday gift...but also just because we wanted to do something fun. I've been in St. Louis for about 11 months now, and I was excited to finally be able to go. You can tell by the extremely cheesy face I have in this picture.

Now that I'm in the second round of "busy season" at work, it is difficult for Curtis and I to spend time together, so we try to enjoy the little bit of time that I have available together. I've been working every day until about 9 or 10pm, and next week I'll start working on Saturdays. Thankfully, my direct supervisor understands the significance of the Sabbath, so I will at least have Sundays off.

We had standing room only seats, which was kind of a bummer, but eventually we were able to sit in better seats as the innings went on. The Cardinals won 4-3, it was a close game! I had a great time and I will remember this for a while! Now that we are thinking we may be in St. Louis longer, we hope to go to more baseball games together. :)

5 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a fun day. I am enjoying the major league also-- cheering on the braves!! I hope everything is going great for you guys. Will be praying for you during this busy season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun adventure! I'm so excited that you posted your blog link on Fbook so i could find you! :) Fun to have a little window into your life and catch up! I immediately read all of your past posts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you had a blog and so when i saw the link i too had to come and read all the past posts :) It sounds like you guys are doing really well and having fun! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to a Cards game and I have been to the city many times. You are official now in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times! Grew up going to Cubs games (thanks Dad) but have never seen them in STL. Glad you all are getting to soak up a little together-time in the midst of busy schedules...

    ReplyDelete