Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

November 29, 2010

My Dad's Special Birthday Gift


My dad turned the ripe age of 60 on November 6th. As I thought about this milestone in my father's life, I got a great idea from one of my dear friends, Kaylen. I was hoping to create a booklet with sweet messages from family and friends about what my dad meant to 60 different people. Two months before his birthday, I sent out emails, facebook messages and even a letter to try to reach as many people as I could. Praise the Lord - I ended up with 77 messages for my dad! I feel like I learned so much about my dad through this gift and it was so neat to be able to see how many lives my dad has touched through his godly example.

I entitled the booklet "What Does My Dad Mean To You?" and I presented it to him when I went home for Thanksgiving. Both my dad and I were tearing up as he read some of the messages. Curtis was sweet enough to take a picture of this moment (see above). Even though it was a few weeks late, I think my dad really loved my gift!

I am so thankful for all the 76 others that participated in this gift and kept it a secret for almost 3 months! If you were one of these people, please feel free to talk to my dad about it now. I think this will be a gift that he will cherish for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea, Margaret. But did the extra 17 people not make the cut?

    Nice blog BTW. This was my exact layout for mine for a couple of years before I revamped it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe! All 77 made the book! :)

    Thanks for the compliment about my blog, I should revamp mine at some point.

    ReplyDelete