Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

November 11, 2011

In Memory of Brooks

We wanted to have something that would remind us of our first son - John "Brooks" McDaniel.  So, I purchased blue cardstock and an 8x10 picture frame.  We put his name, his 9 week ultrasound, and one of our favorite verses on the cardstock. 

The verse that we chose is from the hymn "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go."  Here are the lines:
O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

If you would like to hear a sample of this song, click here.

Here is the final product: 

We put it on the wall along with all the other pictures in the Dining Room:
We are hoping that one day we will be able to put up more pictures of future children.

No comments:

Post a Comment