Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

January 19, 2015

Finishing out 2014

I've gotten significantly behind in updating this blog, so I'm going to do one quick sweep of the rest of 2014. So, here goes...
In October, we had a gender reveal party with our RUF students.  It may be a little difficult to see, but this is the group picture of all the students with their guesses as to whether our baby was a boy (represented by the mustaches) or a girl (represented by the hair bows).

Curtis and I cut open the delicious cake to reveal that our next baby will be a GIRL!!

Here we are with all the students that guessed correctly. :)

Anna dressed up as our pet cat, Lion-O for Halloween.

He was not impressed!

For the first time ever, Curtis and I made all the food for our Thanksgiving meal.  We decided it was about time we start some of our own traditions so we celebrated with our little family and we also had one of our RUF international students join us.  It was a lot of work, but also a lot of fun!


Anna's favorite part of Thanksgiving?  She had sweet tea for the first time and LOVED it!  Our little Georgia peach!

I celebrated with some of my friends for my "golden" birthday.  Some people have asked me why it's called golden...no, I didn't turn 50.  Golden birthday just simply means you turn the age of your birthdate.  So, in my case I turned 30 on the 30th of November. :)

Notice the Gator colors ;)


Curtis had the honor of giving the invocation and benediction for Purdue's commencement in December.  Here he stands next to the President of Purdue, Mitch Daniels.

Right before Christmas, we got to have one more sneak peak of our little girl.  She is growing on track and continuing to take over more of my body. ;)

We finished out the year in Siesta Key, Florida with Curtis' family during Christmas.  We were all so glad to get away from cold weather and enjoy time on the beach.  We loved our time with each member of the family and Anna continued to add new words to her vocabulary with her 2 Aunts, Grammie, and Papa's help.  Actually, Anna's new favorite word is "beach" and she asks me every day if we can go.  I plan on throwing her a beach-themed birthday party in February so we can pretend we're there!

We hope you had a great end to 2014 and we look forward to many more fun times ahead in 2015! :)  Thanks for continuing to read my blog even with my long hiatus!

No comments:

Post a Comment