For those of you that have been following my blog for years, I'm sure you've heard about my dear friend, Mrs. Warren. She and her husband are missionaries in Ukraine and we rarely get to see each other these past few years. Besides a quick visit with them last May on our way to RUF Summer Conference, I don't think I had spent any time with her since we moved from Savannah! It was such a blessing to have her squeeze in a quick trip to Indiana while she is in the States.
![]() |
| We didn't get too many pictures of just the 2 of us on the visit, but apparently we like to take pictures in front of Chick-Fil-A restaurants! |
A lot of our time together included preparing for our baby's arrival! She helped me to wash all sorts of little boy clothes, narrow down the homecoming outfit for our son from the hospital, and even cooked some freezer meals. It was a huge help and I am so thankful for the ways she served me and our family.
![]() |
| Anna took this picture while we made freezer meals :) |
She also got to spend time getting to know our daughters better, which she called "Little Margarets." Here are some of the highlights below:
![]() |
| She brought this purple nailpolish and painted their nails (and mine too)! |
![]() |
Anna taught her "The Chicken Dance"![]() Anna and Kate loved brushing her hair ![]() They spent their quiet time coloring with her |
![]() |
| She bought them some of their new favorite beanie boo clips! |
It was nice to share life with her. She gave Curtis and I the opportunity to go out with friends and she tagged along for our bi-monthly mom's group that I organize. Here were a few cute pictures of Anna with some of her buds:
Kate's birthday was just about to happen and she had requested going to Chick-Fil-A for her birthday. Since her birthday was on a Sunday, we went a little early and had Mrs. Warren join in the fun!
![]() |
| We learned that the way to get Kate to enjoy being sung was with ice cream, not cake! |
| Anna had a great time too, she just really likes making goofy faces these days |
Before she left, I got to spend some one-on-one time with her, much like old times when she would come and visit me when I was in college. We went to my favorite coffee shop where we were able to catch up and connect. It was so refreshing! She and I were able to spend time praying for one another and just enjoying each other's presence. The time together went by so quickly, but I wouldn't have traded that for anything!








No comments:
Post a Comment