It's been an emotional month for us as we sent our firstborn to Kindergarten.
Her teacher took this picture of her, I think it turned out great! Grandma and Grandad got this special dress for her to wear on her first day of school.
Before the big day arrived, Anna met a few of her classmates and her teacher at a playdate.
She was so excited!
Check out this huge backpack on her. It had to be mermaids!
Curtis took her to the bus stop.
She got on while I drove over to the school to meet her on the other side.
And here she is!
She made it!
She was happy to get started.
She loves her teacher, Mrs. Winstead!
She was given "jitter juice" to get out the jitters on the first day of school.
She came home wearing this fabulous hat. She had a great first day!
She even shared her hat with Drew!
The girls also got these adorable matching and monogrammed dresses from their Papa, embroidered by their (maybe?) third cousin Cindy. I get a little confused with the actual family terminology, but they were precious dresses!
And one with mermaids on it in Anna's favorite color! Our extended family loved Anna (and Kate) well through these thoughtful dresses!
While Anna goes to school, I've gotten the privilege to spend special time with Kate, especially when Drew is sleeping. We have been learning our letters and using play-doh to spell out our names!
We've also painted nails! It's been fun though we miss Anna.
We were recently given this classroom shot as they do a book study on "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." How neat! I think it's going to be a special year for Anna. Curtis and I are praying for her each day!

















No comments:
Post a Comment