I had planned to do a post on our summer shenanigans, but I realized that the post would just be too long! My new plan is to break it up by the month. So, here's May...
Shortly after our trip to SuCo, Papa came to visit! He helped us with some landscaping and I love this candid I took with Drew watching him as he works.
While he was here, Anna had her Kindergarten celebration. She performed well and we have some very cute videos from it!
I think he was pretty excited to see all 3 of his grandchildren!
Drew has kept us entertained as he plays with his new ball that he got from his birthday. This is hilarious!
The next weekend, Curtis and I celebrated our anniversary a little early and went to Louisville! Curtis decided he wanted us to take a tour of Old Forester while we were there!
My choice was to bike around the Parklands of Floyd's Fork, but we didn't reserve bikes ahead of time so we took a nice walk instead. We were able to take some paths that we wouldn't have been able to take with a bike so it all worked out. :)
We also got to see 2 of our RUF Purdue alumni, Van and Alec, get married! It was the first time we've gone to a wedding without our kids since having kids!
We had a mini RUF at Purdue reunion too. It was really fun to catch up with everyone, dance, and stay out late. Things that Curtis and I don't experience too much these days!
The kids were in good hands with one of our faithful babysitters, Jennifer. This was our first time where Curtis and I were away from Drew overnight. Jennifer had recently graduated from Purdue and came back to take care of our kids one last time. We are happy for her to start a new chapter in her life, but sad to lose her!
Anna finished up Kindergarten and we had to take some last day shots:
I think this comparison shot shows the growth of the year the best!
Drew got this adorable customized shirt from Papa and he showed it off on the trampoline. He was finally tall enough to reach the bar!
Now that Anna is out of school, she has had the opportunity to play in parks with us! I organize a parent group and usually Anna isn't able to come. Here she is running through a rain puddle during one of our play dates!
The girls have also enjoyed the sprinkler!
When asked what she wanted to do over the summer, Anna said that she wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese 100 times. On the last day of May, she went for a classmate's birthday and she was thrilled! Only 99 more to go! Haha!
Sadly, she won't be going 100 times, but we did set up a behavioral chart for her and Kate. As of July 16, the girls are very close to the reward of a trip to Chuck E. Cheese! I think they'll squeak it in before school begins. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment