*Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

April 28, 2020

Curtis's Birthday

On April 18, Curtis turned 36! The kids helped me decorate his cake. Kate specified that it needed to say "Handsome" to refer to him! We made his favorite cake - I literally make it for him every year. It's a chocolate stout cake!
 The girls helped him blow out his candles.
We took a selfie to document before we consumed the cake!
Oh, and I pulled off a complete surprise for Curtis later in the evening! I genuinely believe that God placed the idea on my heart and He providentially made everyone that I asked available for a surprise zoom call! It included all 3 of his college roommates and 2 of his good friends from college. He rarely gets to see or even talk on the phone to these guys so it was a real treat. I even had our RUF campus minister hop on the call and "zoom bomb"! It was nice to see most of their wives and children for portions of the call too.
The best part for me was seeing how happy he was! His college friends bring out a part of Curtis that I love and I don't get to see very often.
I don't think birthdays at this time in the world can be celebrated the way we'd like them to be, but this was a pretty special way to spend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment