*Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

December 2, 2020

Thanksgiving & My Birthday

We have a lot to be thankful for this year and every year! Kate had a remote-learning activity to make a turkey and write what she was thankful for: God, mom & dad, and school.

We didn't have any additional guests for Thanksgiving this year. We kept it pretty low-key, but we had a lovely day. After FaceTiming with most of the family on both sides, we got to work! Curtis did a great job with the turkey this year.

I won't even tell you how often Anna talked to us about the wishbone. The girls were excited to see who would get the bigger side!

Kate won! 

In following the McDaniel tradition, we each wrote what we were thankful for on these colorful leaves. It is something we've also started to incorporate into RUF. I'm excited to see the final product with all the students' leaves when it is completed.

Anna insisted that she and Kate should have 3 leaves! 
My favorite that she wrote "I am thankful for God giving me faith and kindness."

Kate added some funny ones like "ice" and "glitter pens" though she had some very serious ones (similar to the beginning of this post). Her smile almost looks painful!


Drew is thankful for much - some of his specifics include "the Ghostbusters song," "trucks," "dancing" and "the Bible."

I mentioned I was thankful for our Friday family movie nights and some closer relationships that have happened during the pandemic. I love that our movie nights are one of the only things that have continued week-after-week this year without cancellations. :) I have some dear friends that have encouraged me in my walk with the Lord as we process everything going on in the world and what God is teaching us.

Curtis wrote a lot, but I'll mention a few. He shared that he was thankful for fun quarantining activities like Mario Kart, riding his bike, and "a God who always pursues me, loves me, and saves His people to the uttermost."

We watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving as a way to wrap up the day. The audience was entranced!

Then, we celebrated my birthday. Curtis and the kids did a great job working on this for me. :)

They were especially excited to eat the cake! My favorite gift this year was that the girls went back to school in person! It was a challenging few weeks doing remote-learning. My birthday was their first day back and I enjoyed my special time with Drew and the break from teaching. The girls were pretty excited to see their teacher and friends too!

Curtis and I celebrated a little early and went to Indianapolis together. It was a lovely birthday date; we ate at Cooper's Hawk and got some cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory! I felt very loved and I'm looking forward to another year of life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment