Kate waited patiently while her sister and brother celebrated their birthdays in February and April. She decided to delay her party so that she could invite more people! (I had limited her to only 3 people if we celebrated indoors for her actual birthday in March.) It took place on May 22, but it's taken me over a month to post! I would say her patience paid off because she was able to have 9 of her 10 invited friends come (plus some siblings) and the weather was perfect for a mermaid/water party as she requested. Pictured below was an activity where the kids excavated mermaids out of clay seashells!
Here they are showing their little mermaids that they excavated!
Kate and her friends would go in and out of the inflatable pool...
...and run through the slip 'n' slide! Over and over again.
Kate was thrilled to have friends from her class, her bus, neighbors, old friends from BSF and Pre-K celebrate with her!
She had a cupcake cake that turned out pretty awesome!
I love her smile as she awaits blowing out the candles!
The present-opening was rather chaotic and I can't really say who gave her what gifts, but she and her friends had a great time tearing into all of them! It was a lot of fun and I think she will look back fondly on her 6th birthday party. Curtis and I are looking forward to a break from throwing parties until next February! 😂










No comments:
Post a Comment