Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

August 22, 2011

Updates

 1. Sweet Pea - We had 4 sweet weeks with her before we had to send her back to her foster home on August 1st.  Unfortunately, she was too young to run around the house when we were away (she'd chew everything up) and we had no way of containing her.  We don't have a fenced-in backyard and she was smart enough to figure out how to break out of two different crates!  We hated to send her back, but we realized that she needed a home where she would have more people around and she wouldn't have to be cooped up in a crate as much.  We felt like we were torturing her!  Curtis and I keep remembering fun memories with her, but we realized that she probably wasn't the best dog for us with the "bun" coming. (See #3)

2. My Job - On August 5, I worked my last day at work.  It was a hard decision to make, but I am confident that Curtis and I made the best choice for our family.  The main reason for leaving was because of a conviction that Curtis and I had about the company itself.  We prayed about it for almost a year before we got to a point where we realized I needed to leave.  (Note: If you are interested in knowing more about this, I am happy to share, but I'd rather share one-on-one than to type in a blog post.)  A secondary reason for leaving was because of Curtis' need for me to help him around the house while he takes on more responsibility at work.  The senior pastor of our church is deployed as a Chaplain in the military, so Curtis is the only pastor at our church until November.  Even though I knew about #3, it wasn't the reason why I left.  It just further confirmed that I needed to go.  I am now beginning week 3 of not working and I am really enjoying it!  I think I was really burned out!  The only downside is that I miss the people that I worked with.

3. Our "Bun" - Yes, in case you didn't understand the post below, Curtis and I are expecting our first baby on February 23, 2012.  We are excited and nervous!  I am about 13.5 weeks pregnant today and Baby McD is doing well.  I am looking forward to getting out of the first trimester in the hopes that I will have more energy and I won't be getting as nauseated when I smell certain things!  We plan on finding out the sex of our baby on October 5th.  

3 comments:

  1. it's hard to say bye to a pet! I can't wait until you find out if it's a girl or boy "bun" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw it's so great to hear these updates! Congrats on being done with your job and especially on the baby! It must've been hard to give sweet pea back, but hopefully she'll be placed in a home that's better for her needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many blessings to you and Curtis on your baby news! You will be amazing parents, for sure! Take care and many blessings in the days, weeks and months ahead! Lisa Hoffman

    ReplyDelete