Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

April 18, 2012

We Will Miss You, Regis!

Regis was a great cat.  When I went to the shelter in 2001, Regis stuck his paw out at me.  It seemed like he was saying "Pick Me! Pick Me!"  In high school, I would always say that I didn't need a date because I already had someone who was always wearing a tux for me!  When I got married, my parents consistently came up with excuses as to why I couldn't take him with me to St. Louis or Savannah.  Regis is the one who inspired me to have my next cat look like him (Lion-O).

He ran out the door on April 1st and my parents haven't seen him yet.  We are pretty sure he has probably passed away because he wasn't in the best of health before he left.

So, here's a few pictures that I took with him back in 2006:

Kissing Regis


He loved nudging my head!  This is something that I wish Lion-O would do!

Lastly, here is a video that my parents have found that has helped them cope with their loss - the cat in this video looks so much like Regis.  It's hilarious!


We will miss you, Regis!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO sorry to hear of the disappearance and the loss of Regis, your wonderful cat. You were blessed to have many wonderful years and happy memories too. Animals have a way of knowing when it is time for them to leave. Regis was also blessed to have you as a caring a family for him. Love, Lisa Hoffman

    ReplyDelete