Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

March 26, 2013

Anna's Arrival!

When Curtis and I left to go on a date, Lion-O laid in front of the door.  He didn't want us to go.  It was like he knew that our lives were about to change.

We went to Carrabba's for dinner and then headed to the movies to see Silver Linings Playbook.  We were 10 minutes into the movie before I thought that my water might have broken.  I talked to one of the nurses that attends our church and she suggested that we call my doctor and head to the hospital.  Curtis and I left the theater (after getting a raincheck to see another movie at a later date since we left early) and went to the hospital.
  
We found that my water did break!  I was very nervous about the whole labor process, but I was able to somehow get through it with Curtis' support and some helpful verses from Psalms and 1 Samuel.  With the assistance of medication, I was able to sleep through most of my labor.  It was less than 13 hours from my water breaking until Anna arrived!  I hear that is pretty good for a first baby.
  
God has really helped me get to a point where I am not nearly as scared as I once was with all my fears relating to medical stuff.  I honestly couldn't have delivered this baby if it weren't for putting my trust in the Lord when I was afraid.  I used to think that I would never have children because of my fears.  I would be missing out on so much joy!

And here she is...Anna Hope McDaniel!  She was born on Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 8:45 am.  She weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces and was 18 inches long.  And here's the first flood of Anna pictures:
A little gnome
One of the first family of 3 pictures
Anna didn't like her coming home outfit.  Only way to appease her? Suck my pinky!
Announcing it in our front yard (thanks Grandma and Granddad)
Anna with Granddad and Grandma
Check out those shades!  Haha
An angel
Anna with Grammie and Papa
Precious!
Love that little face!
Her whole hand around my thumb
Time with Daddy

Time with Mommy
Blowing a kiss
Hanging out with Mrs. Warren - look at that smile! Anna likes hanging out with her as much as Mommy does.
Check out my big bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment