Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

April 22, 2011

Gospel Coalition, Curtis' Bday, Family Visit

 From April 12-14, Curtis took a trip to Chicago to attend a conference called The Gospel Coalition. It worked out pretty well because Curtis got to spend time with his best friend and college roommate (who was also our Best Man), Ryan.
Ryan has been attending seminary at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, which is conveniently located in Chicago! Although I missed Curtis terribly, I’m glad he got the chance to go and come back refreshed. He tells me that the sermons he listened to were excellent, so I’ve already listened to Tim Keller’s (I agreed that it was very good!). I still have at least 2 others that he’s recommended for me to listen to.

Once he left for Chicago, I began feeling sick. I ended up missing several days of work and hoping to recover before Curtis got home. Unfortunately, I was still sick by the time he came back and I had to go to the Urgent Care Center in order to get effective medication.  Here's some of the medication:
Apparently, I had an upper-respiratory infection. I was concerned that I wouldn’t be able to celebrate Curtis’ 27th birthday with him on Monday (4/18), but I did end up feeling well enough to take him out to Chili’s. He was pretty excited because his parents got him a Blu-Ray player for his birthday. Immediately after Chili’s, he wanted to go to Best Buy to see what type of flatscreen TV we would like and what the going price was. I think that’s one of the next big purchases that Curtis wants! I got him a laptop messenger bag so that he would stop carrying a backpack to and from the church. Here’s Curtis on his birthday with his new laptop bag:
On Thursday, I got to spend some time with my Uncle Rick and his two daughters (my cousins), Judy and Beth.

They were traveling down to Florida for Easter and I was able to meet them on the interstate and have dinner with them on their way down. I don’t get to see my extended family (let alone my immediate family) much at all, so it’s always a treat when I get the chance!

Now, off to preparing for Easter lunch. We’re having several families over after church this year. I’m excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment