Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

July 23, 2012

The Adventures of RYM

I don't know if you've been able to keep up with our crazy traveling schedule, but here's how it went:
6/25-6/29: Middle School Camp
7/2-7/6: High School Camp
I was on all of the trips above except for the Middle School Camp.  I had one week to stay in Savannah while Curtis kept traveling.

So, Curtis spent his fifth and sixth week away from Savannah to take some of our students to RYM.  RYM is a summer camp in Panama City Beach, Florida.  I was able to join him as a chaperone for the high school week.
The white sand & clear waters of Panama City Beach!
Since I wasn't there for the middle school week, I will just post some of the pictures that Curtis took:
Belly Flops
Some of our students before a seminar began.
Alex (left) came as a chaperone to help.
The whole middle school gang
 In between these weeks, Curtis and I traveled to Melbourne for one of his good friends' weddings (see post here).  The next week, we traveled back to the same camp with the high school students.  Here's a few of the highlights:
Here I am with the girls laying out!
Curtis & I got to spend a little bit of time together
Here's all the boys and Curtis before the worship began
The girls, David (another chaperone) and Kenyell, a new friend
On our free night, we spent hours looking for a place to eat.  We settled on this Mexican restaurant.  Someone from our group said that it was my birthday so they gave me a sombrero to wear.  Haha! 
On Independence Day, we spent some time on the beach to see all the fireworks.  Some of the boys decided to start burying each other.  I thought this picture had a pretty cool effect as Hal threw sand in the air.
Another sand burial
 
Each group takes turns serving the other groups during meal time.  Our youth group served all the other groups by cleaning up after one of the dinners.  Look at how many people were in the cafeteria!
I think the students had a great time.  I enjoyed getting to know the girls better.  
Curtis and I were thrilled when this week was over because we were finally done traveling.  We were so happy that we didn't have to live out of a suitcase any longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment