Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

July 18, 2012

General Assembly 2012

One day after our anniversary trip ended, we headed to Louisville, Kentucky for our denomination's annual pastor/elder's conference.  This was my second time going (see last year's in Virginia Beach here).
Carol, Debbie & I at the Women's Luncheon
We took the church van and traveled with our Senior Pastor, Brannon, his wife, Carol & their son, Thomas; and one of our Ruling Elders, Tom, and his wife, Debbie.

It was nice to explore Louisville - I had never visited it before and it was where my dad went to seminary (Southern).  Most of the time, Curtis was in meetings and seminars so I got to spend a lot of time just relaxing and reading.  I attended all the women's events and was able to meet other women that are serving in the ministry like me.  I really enjoyed hearing from Dr. Tim Lane at our Women's Program.  I also went to a Pastor Wives Panel and was able to get some great advice for various circumstances.  

I was happy that I was able to spend time with Curtis' aunt, who works for Covenant Seminary.  She faithfully comes every year to General Assembly to be in the Covenant Theological Seminary booth in the Exhibit Hall.

I also got to visit and talk with several women that I knew from our days in seminary.  It was neat to be able to meet their new babies and catch up.  I can't believe it's already been 3 years since I had seen most of them!  It was an encouraging week.

No comments:

Post a Comment