Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

November 2, 2012

C Diddy's Bday

One of my very best friends, Catherine Mack, recently celebrated her birthday on October 18.  I hadn't seen her since last Christmas and I hadn't been able to spend extended time with her since before I was married (over 4 years ago), so it was about time for a visit to Boca.  I'd heard so much about her family, her church and her town that I just had to see it for myself! :)
On her actual birthday, we went shopping and to the beach.  It was a really relaxing day and there really aren't many places that you can go to the beach in October.  It was a little sunny so Catherine was having a hard time keeping her eyes open in this photo.
We went to P. F. Chang's for dinner with her family and a few of her friends.  It was really tasty and fun!  I had a great time talking and sharing stories with her mom each day.  She has such a servant's heart and I was easily able to see where Catherine gets hers. :)  
I really also enjoyed getting to know her sister, Paige, because we have very similar taste buds.  We had the most amazing dessert there called Flourless Chocolate Cake.  It was heavenly!
Catherine's mom even made her a cake!  We were so stuffed from P. F. Chang's that we had to wait until the next day to actually eat some of it.  Catherine was able to blow out all of her candles in one breath.  I was seriously impressed.

I spent about 5 days with her - we had amazing food, lots of shopping, great conversations, and I was able to worship at her church.  I had a wonderful time and it was definitely well worth it to get away.  I left at a good time because it was right before the presidential debate took place in Boca!

No comments:

Post a Comment