Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

December 13, 2012

Turning 28

I celebrated my birthday by traveling to Jacksonville to spend it with family.  My mom threw me a baby shower on the following day so it worked out well to come down for all the celebrations.  It was a pretty low-key birthday.  I had sweet friends and family call and sing "happy birthday" in their best voices.  I think my favorite (although they were all very special) was my 4-year old niece Charlotte sing to me.  It was absolutely precious! :)
My mom made one of my favorite meals for me and I had a delicious chocolate chip cookie cake for dessert.  It was so good!  Not only were my parents there, but also my grandparents and my cousin Jane (who I hadn't seen in almost 2 years).  When I was growing up, Jane was probably the closest thing that I had to a sister since I only had brothers.  It was a real treat to have her fly down from Washington, DC to see me for the celebrations!  We finished off the night with watching the movie Brave.  Great day!
Yes, I'm officially at the age now where you don't get the actual amount of candles for each year of life on your birthday cake.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Margaret, Congratulations and Best Wishes times TWO: For your Birthday and Baby Shower Celebrations!

    I am on my way to Rome, Italy -- I will bring you a special gift from there....take care - you look great! Say hello to Curtis for us. Blessings, Lisa Hoffman

    ReplyDelete