Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

December 7, 2010

Curtis & Margaret’s 1st Car Purchase

I love this picture because it shows you how Curtis and I show our emotions. Although we are BOTH very excited in this picture, you will notice that I am a lot more expressive than Curtis is! :)

I think that it’s kinda funny that we purchased a house together before we ever purchased a car together. We officially can say that we almost ran Curtis’ 1996 Nissan Maxima into the ground. It was beginning to be scary for me to drive his car since it needed brakes! We have spent the past several months researching and trying to determine what kind of car we should buy. We sought help from our parents and a few uncles (thanks Uncle David & Uncle Ed!) and we finally took the plunge and bought our first car together on December 4.

We purchased a 2008 Honda Civic. It is almost like a brand-new car because it has less than 11,000 miles on it and it has the factory warranty as well as a lifetime warranty. We were very particular about the color. Curtis refused to have a red car because of insurance purposes. We both weren’t really interested in a black or white option. Although I wasn’t opposed to a blue option, we didn’t want both of our cars to be blue. So, we chose a dark gray option (I think its official Honda name is “Polished Metal Metallic”).

We are very happy with our selection and we hope to get a good 10-15+ years out of it! We plan on trying to get at least another 50,000 miles out of my little Prizm. I think we can do it.

3 comments:

  1. i just love reading your blog and getting to stay in the loop with family happenings! thanks for posting the thanksgiving pics.. we were so sad to miss this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful car! I love the picture, you are too cute Margaret :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very exited for you both, also. Nice car great couple. love mrs. w

    ReplyDelete