Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

March 14, 2012

A Savannah-Themed Wedding

One of my good friends that I have grown up with got married on March 2.  Stephanie Acheson and I have always celebrated birthdays and random events together.  Our parents are good friends and we attended Pinewood Church together.  She not only took my engagement photo pictures, but she did all of the planning and execution of decorations at both my wedding ceremony and reception.  So, of course, I had to make a special trip down to see her on her very special day!
 Stephanie looked absolutely gorgeous!  She got married at the Orange Park Country Club.  The irony was that I traveled away from Savannah to go to a Savannah-themed wedding!  Rob Burris (her new husband) proposed to her in front of the fountain at Forsyth Park in Savannah.  The bulletin had the fountain printed on the front.
 This picture isn't that good, but it has the first kiss as husband and wife!
 My dad played the Viola in this gazebo (along with the rest of the orchestra).
 Curtis was unable to make it, so I was seated at the Pinewood table without dates.  We had a great time!  Going along with the Savannah theme, each table had a different square name. We were at Calhoun Square.  Here I am with Holly & Melissa!
I thought this was a neat idea - the food was family-style.  One of my Pinewood friends, Katie, was 3 weeks away from delivering her baby boy.  She wanted more mashed potatoes so we had a whole plate delivered in front of her seat while she was away.
 Look at Katie's excitement when she arrived back and saw the mashed potatoes! :) Haha!
 I didn't see these pictures until later, but 3 of my friends took pictures with my glasses on.  Here's the lovely Melissa Wittman. She has always been a great friend and whenever I spend time with her, we are able to just pick right back up where we left off!
 Here is the beautiful Holly Tolson!  She helped out in the youth group when I was a senior in high school.  She also went to Covenant Seminary (where Curtis went) so she is a mutual friend of both of us.
 Lastly, here's sweet Sylvia Donaldson.  She was in a middle school Bible Study that I co-led when I was in college.  It's hard to believe that now she herself is in college at UNF!

Curtis didn't attend the wedding because he went to a Pastors Conference in Augusta, GA.  When I arrived back in Savannah, Curtis surprised me with a yummy piece of cake from Boll Weevill!  
This piece was called "7th Heaven" - it was filled with chocolate cake, cheesecake, ganache, and various chocolate chips!  What a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. such dear faces! What a fun wedding!!! -E.liz.a.beth

    ReplyDelete