Margaret (Curtis) McDaniel + Curtis McDaniel = Curtis.Squared

March 26, 2012

St. Patty's Day in Savannah


My younger brother, Ben, came to Savannah to celebrate St. Patrick's weekend with us.  It was quite a treat because he doesn't usually get much time off of work.  Curtis and I were honored that he came to Savannah to spend time with us.  Of course, we had a meal at Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady & Sons.  Here Ben and I are posing in front of a Paula Deen cut-out.
Here's Curtis and Ben posing with her!  The food was pretty good, but my favorite part is the mint sweet tea.
After dinner, we walked over to River Street to see the festivities that were going to begin the next day (March 17th).  We realized that it was going to rain pretty soon because there were flashes of lightning.
Look at what a great picture my brother took!  You can see the lightning in the background as we had our picture taken.  Wow!  On our way back to the car, we got soaked!
The next day, we woke up very early to get to the parade.  We had heard that this year's St. Patty's Day parade in Savannah was supposed to be the largest in the country - even larger than New York City!  They were estimating over 1 million people would be there.  We decided to take the shuttle so that we didn't have to worry about parking.  Look at how full our shuttle was!
We got a decent spot and made ourselves comfortable for the parade.  Notice my brother's nice wig!
And here I am with my lovely husband. :)
There were crowds everywhere!  And everyone was in green!
I also took my turn sporting the green wig!
In the parade alone, there were over 15,000 that were in it!
I heard that the parade lasted 4 hours.  We didn't get a chance to stay for the whole time but I'm glad that we can now say that we have made it to the St. Patrick's Day parade in Savannah!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I still remember Ben as just a boy! We didn't do much for St. Patrick's Day this year.

    ReplyDelete